Raise your hand if…
- You like to party
- Eat sugary cookies filled with peanut butter/chocolate/raspberry jam
- Dress in costume when its not Halloween
- Enjoy libations guilt free
- Scream really loudly about political figures you despise
Well, you are in luck…
Purim is just around the corner.
Since its been a full year (or more?!) since you last celebrated this glorious holiday, here’s a little refresher of the Purim story: An awful anti-Semitic man wanted to destroy the Jews. He didn’t. We partied.
If you want more of a history refresher, try going to one of the many Megillah-readings around DC (listed below) or watching this brand new investigative podcast, “Haman: A True Crime Story”.
However you celebrate, we wish you a chag Purim sameach – a happy and joyous Purim!
Sunday, March 10th
- 11:00am: Nosh and Knowledge – Purim Unleashed (Brunch and Learning)
- 2:00pm: Hungry for Hamentaschen (& Mishloach Manot) w/ Moishe House NoVA
Saturday, March 16th
Sunday, March 17th
- 11:00am: Purim Upside Down Yoga Class at Sixth & I
- 3:00pm: Hamantashen Baking at Moishe House Bethesda
Monday, March 18th
- 7:00pm: Mesorah DC Pre-Purim Bash!
Tuesday, March 19th
- 6:30pm: Unmasked: A Modern Purim Celebration & Service Project w/ EntryPointDC
- 6:30pm: Purim & Nowruz (Persian New Year) Lecture & Celebration Featuring Author Ariel Sabar
- 7:00pm: Purim Party with Moishe House Northern Virginia & Columbia Heights
- 7:00pm: Resilience Unmasked: Purim, Protest, and Power at Sixth & I
Wednesday, March 20th
- 6:15pm: Tikkun Leil Shabbat & Fabrangen Purim!
- 7:00pm: Lost @ Home – Purim at Adas: A Journey to Everywhere and Nowhere
- 7:00pm: Shushan Circus: A Purim Celebration at Sixth & I
- 7:45pm: The Greatest Purim Party at Chabad DC
- 8:00pm: Such a Time as This: New Synagogue Project’s Radical Purim Party!
Friday, March 22nd
Saturday, March 23rd
Monday, March 25th
Where to Get Hamantaschen
- Celebrate Purim, No Hangover Guaranteed by Stacy Miller
- Rogue Rabbi to Host Alternative Purim Experience in Synagogue by Rabbi Aaron Potek
- The One Trick You Need for the Perfect Hamantaschen by Shannon Sarna for The Nosher
- How to Make the Best Hamataschen by Shannon Sarna for The Nosher
The views and opinions expressed in this blog and on this website are solely those of the original authors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of the organization GatherDC, the GatherDC staff, the GatherDC board, and/or any/all contributors to this site.