In case exercising your civic duty, the fear of being shamed by your friends, and/or standing up for things you believe in have all failed to persuade you to get out the vote for the 2018 midterms… I now offer you the lure of FREE THINGS you get if you vote. Yes folks, the day everyone’s been waiting for is finally upon us, and DC restaurants and businesses are ready to CELEBRATE!
Check out our guide for a comprehensive list of all the sweet deals out there for civic-minded Washingtonians (as well as some of the best places to watch the returns roll in tomorrow).
Know of something we missed? Let us know in the comments!
Most important: getting to the polls.
Lyft, Uber, Zipcar, and Lime are all offering free or discounted rides to polling places using special election day promo codes. Go into the apps day-of and they will provide the code/necessary information to GET TO THE POLLS!
“I Voted” Sticker Lunch Deals and Discounts
- Bayou Bakery Coffee Bar & Eatery: 15% off purchases of $10 or more to anyone wearing an “I Voted” sticker
Bobo’s: Get a coupon for a free vegan, gluten-free oat bar by sharing that you voted on social media. To get a coupon mailed to you, tag @eatbobos and use #GetOatTheVote.
- Buffalo & Bergen: 50% off all breakfast orders until 4pm with an “I Voted” sticker
- Buttercream Bakeshop: Free cookie for first 100 people with “I Voted” stickers
- California Tortilla: Say “I voted” Tuesday and get a free order of chips and queso with any purchase.
- Capriotti’s Sandwich Shop: $1 off any sub Tuesday.
- Chameleon Cold-Brew: Get a voucher for a free 10-ounce Chameleon Cold-Brew when posting a selfie with your “I Voted” sticker on Instagram. To get the freebie, tag @ChameleonColdBrew and use #FuelTheVote.
- Corner Bakery Cafe: Receive a free brewed or cold brewed coffee with any purchase and “I Voted” sticker
- Flywheel: The Dupont Circle & City Center locations are offering free classes during off-peak class time with your “I Voted” sticker or other proof of voting.
- Junction Bakery and Bistro: Free 12-oz drip with “I Voted” sticker
- Lil’ B Coffee & Eatery: 15% off all purchases of $10 or more with “I Voted” sticker
Matchbox: Specials on pizza, wings, and meatballs, as well as all-day happy hour from open to close (or, 9pm if you live in Virginia) (sorry Virginia)
- Shake Shack: For voting, get free fries with any purchase Tuesday. Either show an “I Voted” sticker or redeem with the code “ivoted” in the chain’s Shack App.
- Soupergirl: 15% all purchases at their stores if you wear your “I Voted” sticker
Drink & Dinner Specials
- Ambar: Happy Hour menu- beer, wine, cocktails, small plates- for $5 from 4-10pm
- Ana: 20% off your check at District Winery’s restaurant
- The Bird: $4 Moscow Muellers, as well as the “Mr. President” cocktail, a peach-infused Aperol, and prosecco confection with a cotton candy garnish
- Bar Deco: $4 tacos and $7 Old Fashioneds and Manhattans on the third floor bar
- Barrel: $1 old fashioned drinks from 4-8:30pm
- Dino’s Grotto: Happy hour deals on antipasto and drinks with all-night election coverage
- District Winery: 10% off check with “I Voted” sticker
- The Dive Bar at Darlington House: No deals to start, but if the House flips to Democratic control, the bar will give out free shots; if both the House and the Senate flip, it will be an open bar until close. Talk about a nerve-wracking night.
- Dyllan’s Raw Bar Grill: $1 off two cocktails
- Exiles Bar: $6 whiskey drink with three choices of Jameson
- Logan Tavern: Free campaign trail mix with “I Voted” sticker and happy hour prices and election coverage from noon to close
- Mission Navy Yard: $5 patron shots, $7 margaritas, $8 quesadillas, and more TVs than you could ever hope to watch at once to watch the results come in
- Pitchers DC: Free drink with an “I Voted” sticker, with political bingo and prizes
- Pizzeria Paradiso: Themed pizzas and beer specials to celebrate the women running for office across the country
- Rare Tavern: All-night happy hour starting at 4pm, including drink specials, seafood steampots, dollar oysters, and classic bar foods with a twist
- Ritz Carlson Tysons: 1 free cocktail with called “Where The Left And Right Meet”
Hot Spots to Watch the Results
- The Dive Bar at Darlington House (Dupont Circle)
- Fish Market (Old Town Alexandria)
- The Hamilton Hotel (downtown)
- Liaison Capitol Hill (Capitol Hill)
- Logan Tavern (Logan Circle)
- The Looking Glass Lounge (Petworth)
- Mission Navy Yard (Navy Yard)
- Pitchers DC (Adams Morgan)
- Red Derby (Columbia Heights)
- Ri Ra Irish Pub (Georgetown)
- Reliable Tavern (Petworth): Beto O’Rourke watch party
- Roofer’s Union (Adams Morgan)
- The Watergate (Foggy Bottom)
The views and opinions expressed in this blog and on this website are solely those of the original authors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of the organization GatherDC, the GatherDC staff, the GatherDC board, and/or any/all contributors to this site.