Make an impact.
In just 4 weeks, you can make a lasting impact on your community.
This June, GatherDC is launching a 4-week long Giving Circle that will bring together a group of passionate young adults who pool their money to give to nonprofits across the DC-area seeking to improve the lives of those who need it most. As a whole, the group will donate $1,000+ to a local nonprofit of their choosing.
What will you do as a part of the Giving Circle?
- Attend 3 learning sessions led by GatherDC’s Jackie Zais and Mollie Sharfman to explore Jewish values related to charity
- Attend 1 Giving Circle dinner where you will vote on which nonprofit to donate the money to
- Discover your unique commitment to social change through philanthropy
Why should you apply?
- Meet like-minded young adults who share your passion for philanthropy and tikkun olam (repairing the world)
- Discover the power of collective giving at valuable learning sessions
- Explore Jewish values related to philanthropy
- Make a meaningful difference in your community
Dates: Wednesdays from 7:00 to 9:00pm on June 6, June 13, June 20, and June 27, 2018
Location: All meetings will take place at GatherDC’s office in Dupont Circle (1817 M Street NW)
Contact: For questions, contact Mollie Sharfman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: As a part of the GatherDC Giving Circle, you agree to donate $100 to the Giving Circle pool that will be donated to a local nonprofit organization the group decides on together.
GatherDC is committed to making Jewish experiences accessible for young adults in a variety of circumstances across the DC area. If cost is a barrier, please email email@example.com. GatherDC welcomes the participation of interfaith individuals, and people of all abilities, backgrounds, gender identities, and sexual orientations. GatherDC fosters inclusive communities and strives to accommodate all needs whenever possible. If your require special accommodations, please contact us in advance of the event at 202-656-0743 and we will make every effort to meet your needs.
By attending, you understand that photographs and/or video may be taken at this event, and may appear on the GatherDC website, publications, or other media.