Attention DC-area Jewish young adults – Passover is around the corner.
Translation: It’s time for matzah pizza, Manishevitz (or grape juice) overload, and the best excuse to re-watch A Rugrats Passover.
This year, Passover takes place from Friday, March 30th – Saturday, April 7th. And no matter how you celebrate, DC’s amazing Jewish community has something for you. We’ve compiled the best in Passover happenings across the DMV so you can dig into the holiday with new friends, delicious food, and beloved traditions. Oh, and if you’re having a Passover event that’s not listed — submit it here!
P.S. Not sure which of these events is the right fit for you? Email the GatherDC team!
P.P.S. Planning to host your own Seder this year? Check out Moishe House Without Walls, OneTable, or EntryPointDC (to be matched with other young adults looking for Seder). OneTable is nourishing Friday and Saturday night seders with help from Whole Foods Market. Whole Foods Market will be providing seder hosts with their own seder plates to use at their tables! OneTable is a great place to post your seder and find seders to attend.
“Eh, I strongly dislike meals that start with homemade matzo ball soup and highly encourage consuming four cups of wine.” Said no one ever.
Passover Related Events
- Wednesday, March 14: Passover Dessert Ideas at Moishe House Bethesda
- Sunday, March 18: Passover Expo and Amram Scholar Series Lecture
- Sunday, March 18: Let My People Vote Passover Seder
- Sunday, March 18: National Rainbow Seder at the Human Rights Campaign
- Tuesday, March 20: Pre-Passover Kosher Wine Tasting
- Tuesday, March 20: Seder Aid at Sixth & I
- Wednesday, March 21: Deep Dive – The Passover Haggadah
- Thursday, March 22: Kashering Your Kitchen (and Your Life!) for Passover
- Thursday, March 22: OneTable Nosh: Pizza and Passover Prep
- Friday, March 23: Registration Deadline for First Night Passover Satellite Seders
- Saturday, March 24: Flow Towards Freedom: Yoga Flow & Biyyur Hametz Fire Ritual
- Sunday, March 25: Beshert Seekers Get2Gether “Pre-Passover Fest” Age 30’s AND 40’s: Padlock and Key Theme Night
- Monday, March 26: Matzo Ball Madness: Soup-Off
- Sunday, April 1: Matzah Brei Brunch at MoHo NoVA
- Wednesday, April 4: Not a Second Night Seder! with Rodef 2100
- Wednesday, April 4: Freedom Seder at Washington Hebrew Congregation
- Saturday, April 7: Let My People Know: IfNotNow DC Passover Seder
First Night Seders
- Friday, March 30: 2239 Passover Seder
- Friday, March 30: A Vegan Seder (nourished by OneTable)
- Friday, March 30: Congregational Passover Seder at Washington Hebrew Congregation
- Friday, March 30: First Night Passover Satellite Seders
- Friday, March 30: Seder 101 at Moishe House Colombia Heights
- Friday, March 30: Community Seder – Kesher Israel and Char Bar
- Friday, March 30: Community Passover Seder at Chabad of North Potomac
- Friday, March 30: Pesach Seder with Chabad Washington DC
- Friday, March 30: SOLD OUT! Sixth & I Community Seder
- Friday, March 30: SOLD OUT! Freedom Seder – A Seder for Social Justice
Second Night Seders
- Saturday, March 31: Sober Second Seder
- Saturday, March 31: Adas Israel Second Night Community Passover Seder
- Saturday, March 31: 2nd Night Community Seder at the EDCJCC
- Saturday, March 31: Second Night Seder at Chabad of North Potomac
- Saturday, March 31: Pesach Seder with Chabad Washington DC
Passover Recipes, Videos, + More!
- Check out this Haggadah by Kenny Liebowitz
- Top Passover Videos
- OneTable’s Passover Pinterest Board
- Spotify Passover Playlist
- Shabbat Seder Guide
- Quinoa Pilaf for Passover
- The Etymology of Passover
- Top 8 Passover Recipes from Federation’s Jewish Food Experience
- How to Host Your Own Passover Seder from Hey Alma
Restaurants with Passover Menus/Catering