More InformationWho We Are:
Founded in 2006, Moishe House (pronounced moy-shuh) empowers young adults to create their own dream Jewish communities through a variety of programs. You can visit over a hundred Moishe Houses in 20 different countries, join the community of 700 Moishe House Without Walls (MHWOW) hosts, learn at weekend-long retreats, plan your own retreat, or attend Jewish summer camp for adults! No matter how or where you find your connection with Moishe House, you have the freedom to define what Judaism means to you.
The 700 MHWOW (pronounced letter “M”, letter “H”, and WOW) hosts around the world gather their peers for Jewish experiences that range from Friday night Shabbat dinners, holidays, learning events, and cultural celebrations. MHWOW hosts decide who they want to invite, where they want to host, what they want to explore in Judaism, and when they want to gather. This flexibility empowers MHWOW hosts to explore, create, or refine their own Jewish practice. MHWOW hosts receive funding and resources to make programs relevant and accessible to their communities. In 2019, MHWOW hosts created nearly 4,000 programs for 20,000 attendees.
The MHWOW team is looking for a Program Manager to oversee all MHWOW activity on the east coast. This role will manage all existing MHWOW hosts in large hubs, and will expand MHWOW into communities where the organization does not currently have a Moishe House.
Who you are:
● You understand and believe in our mission and bring a passion for Jewish life.
● You are a skilled relationship builder, conversationalist, and recruiter.
● You are excited about supporting a diverse group of MHWOW hosts from different backgrounds with varying programming interests.
● You approach challenges with creativity, and offer efficient and creative solutions.
A Day in the Life:
The MHWOW Program Manager is a member of the MHWOW. We are seeking a team player who will have responsibility for maintaining and growing MHWOW on the east coast, including:
MHWOW Host Support and Management (40% of your time)
● Developing relationships with individual MHWOW hosts in the region through frequent remote interactions, site visits, and in-person gatherings
● Collaborating with Marketing and Jewish Education teams to develop timely resources for Jewish rituals, holidays, or cultural celebrations that hosts use
● Managing host administration, including program approvals, reimbursement approvals, data tracking, and database management
MHWOW Recruitment and Expansion (40% of your time)
● Expanding MHWOW and Moishe House presence in new communities and cities that currently do not have a Moishe House
● Completing site visits (1 – 3 days in length) to learn more about communities and understand varying needs; meeting with potential MHWOW hosts and partner organizations
● Scheduling and leading relationship building conversations with local young adult organizations (secular and Jewish) and leaders to identify possible MHWOW hosts, while curating and maintaining a list of contacts in target locations
● Collaborating with Marketing department to develop and utilize new recruitment materials on social media, email marketing, and video content
● Maintaining accurate data
Special Projects (20% of your time)
● Collaborating with Development and Marketing team to share stories and statistics about MHWOW hosts
● Supporting and staffing weekend-long retreats with Moishe House community builders from across North America
● Offering programming or logistics support for MHWOW retreats
● Supporting MHWOW hosts and fundraising during Moishe House’s annual WE ARE campaign
Why You? ~ Because You Bring:
● Bachelor’s degree; additional 4 years of full-time relevant experience may be substituted for the degree.
● Minimum of 3 years relevant full-time professional experience
● Measurable experience in recruiting new participants to a program and maintaining an active network.
● Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
● Demonstrated ability to be organized, proactive, deliver results, and work independently and as part of a team.
● Enthusiasm for hosting Jewish peer-led programming.
● Demonstrated ability to take risks and learn from situations when things don’t turn out as planned.
● Ability to multitask and monitor several projects at all times, to work well under pressure, and to manage time effectively.
● Effective demonstration of the Moishe Mindset: Be the Difference, Connect & Listen, Invest Wisely, Embrace the Unknown, Own It!, Value People, and Work Well, Live Well, and Have Fun!
● Direct Moishe House experience (as staff, resident, host and/or community member) preferred.
The Fine Print
This is a full-time position, working primarily Monday through Friday during business hours in a coworking space. Occasional weekends may also be required.
This position is located in Boston, Washington, DC, Charlotte, or Atlanta, reports to the MHWOW Associate Director, and is a member of
This Ad has been viewed 4 times.