Contact Rina Rebibo
Tifereth Israel, a Conservative egalitarian congregation in Northwest DC, is seeking a part- time youth advisor for our Kadima (6-8th grade) and USY (9-12th grade) youth groups.
Our ideal advisor should be enthused about working with these age groups, and should be able to interact positively with kids in an informal setting, while still maintaining appropriate boundaries. Background with Jewish youth groups or camps is a big plus!
This is a 20 hour/month position, not including staffing of regional events. The youth advisor will report to and collaborate with the Director of Education.
Qualified applicants should be prepared to:
• Plan, publicize & implement monthly programs for youth in grades 6 -8 and 9-12.
• Lead a monthly Shabbat program onsite.
• Work with synagogue staff to design flyers and other public promotional materials for all chapter programs.
• Communicate with appropriate staff to coordinate logistics.
• Communicate directly with parents and youth by phone, email, and social media.
• Engage with youth regularly through their preferred communication methods/social media platforms.
• Maintain the TI Teen bulletin board.
• Ensure that a monthly column is submitted into the congregational newsletter.
• Cultivate teen leaders and develop active USY board.
• Serve as a Jewish role model.
• Attend regular Youth Committee meetings.
• Attend 6th grade retreat.
• Publicize and encourage participation in regional Kadima & USY events.
• Staff applicable regional events.
Applicants should have strong leadership, organizational, and event planning skills as well as the ability to work as part of a professional team. A dynamic and engaging personality is essential, along with the ability to work enthusiastically and innovatively with teens.
• Excellent communication skills
• Proven project management and leadership skills
• Desire to build community
• Capable of developing and fostering meaningful relationships
• Comfort with, and knowledge of Jewish rituals and synagogue practices
• Adept at the use of social media and technology
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
This Ad has been viewed 31 times.