The Edlavitch DC Jewish Community Center (EDCJCC) seeks a part-time, mid-level development professional to join our Development and Marketing Team. This position will report to the Director of Development and Marketing and will work collaboratively with Executive and Director level staff throughout the institution.
The Manager of Institutional Giving is primarily responsible for the management and administration of government, foundation, and corporate philanthropic grants and reports.
• Proposals and Letters of Inquiry: In coordination with key staff, be responsible for full life cycle grant execution across all institutional programs, including arts and culture, Jewish life and learning, community service/social responsibility, inclusion and disabilities, seniors, young professionals and the LGBTQ communities, and youth and family engagement programming. This will include writing, editing, and submitting letters of inquiry, proposals, budgets, and reports and collaborating with staff across the institution to ensure that proposals align with program priorities and the EDCJCC’s Strategic Plan.
• Grants and Reports Calendar: Track all grants in existing spreadsheets and database (eFinnestri) and ensure that all reports, renewal requests, and other tasks are completed and submitted in a timely and professional manner.
• Program and Prospect Research: Research, prospect, and cultivate new funders for all program areas, including general operating support; prepare prospect briefing documents and assist with tracking of prospect activity.
• Identify and Steward Relationships with Donors and Prospects: Develop strategies to maximize funding opportunities; act as liaison to Foundation executives and government representatives
• Meetings and Communications: Represent the EDCJCC at meetings related to potential or awarded grants.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Part-time opportunity (3 days/24 hours a week) with opportunity for growth. Occasional evening/weekend hours required outside of regular hours.
Commensurate with experience.
Qualifications, skills, and experience required:
• 3 – 5 years’ grant writing experience.
• Exceptional writing and communication skills required. Excellent written English usage, grammar, and punctuation. Clear and concise writing is necessary.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required.
• Excellent follow-through and attention to detail, with the ability to track and maintain multiple critical priorities.
• Self-motivated person who takes initiative to begin and complete projects on their own, but also appreciates a highly collaborative work style.
• Friendly and flexible team player attitude with a willingness to pitch in on projects and tasks.
About the Edlavitch DCJCC
Guided by Jewish values and heritage, the EDCJCC engages individuals and families through its cultural, recreational, educational, and social justice programs by welcoming people of all backgrounds to connect, learn, serve and be entertained together in ways that reflect the unique role of the Center in the nation’s capital.
This Ad has been viewed 19 times.