GatherDC’s Community Coordinator will help hundreds of Jewish 20s and 30s across Northern Virginia (NoVA) connect to Jewish opportunities, build lasting friendships, and discover meaningful Jewish identities.
We are looking for a tenacious, enthusiastic people-person with 2-3 years of relevant experience. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience.
WHO WE ARE:
- GatherDC is the central platform for post-college/pre-family Jewish life across the DC-area.
- We strengthen the fabric of Jewish life by stewarding relationships and helping Jews in their 20s and 30s connect to Jewish organizations and to each other.
- We facilitate innovative opportunities for meaningful and relevant Jewish learning.
- We work with wide network of Jewish communal synagogues, JCCs, and institutions to help them best serve young Jewish adults.
WHAT WE CARE ABOUT:
- GatherDC values the 3 P’s - Positivity, Passion, and Professionalism.
- We like working really, really hard to enrich Jewish life across the DMV, and love having a ton of fun while doing so.
WHY WE’RE PRETTY AWESOME TO WORK WITH:
- We work hard and we play hard.
- GatherDC cares deeply about creating a sustainable work-life balance. This means flexible schedules, competitive compensation, and benefits for nonprofits, generous vacation time, Jewish holidays off, and more. Once you’re working for GatherDC, you can say goodbye to the “Sunday Scaries”.
WHO YOU ARE:
- A passionate self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A natural relationship-builder with an outgoing, professional demeanor.
- You have a zest for learning about the DC-area social scene and the diverse Jewish communities within.
- You have 1 – 3 years work experience in the nonprofit and/or community event planning industries.
- An innovator with a positive spirit who isn’t afraid to take risks.
- A flexible, collaborative team-player willing to wear multiple hats and keep up with the hustle and bustle of our day-to-day work.
- Someone with a burning desire to help 20 and 30s across DC/NoVA find a place to belong in the local Jewish community.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
As GatherDC’s NoVA Community Coordinator, you will help Jews in their 20s and 30s across NoVA feel at home, connect to Jewish opportunities across the city, build lasting friendships, and discover their unique Jewish identities.
HOW YOU’LL DO IT:
Manage GatherDC’s NoVA initiatives
- Take the lead on Jewish initiatives across NoVA to engage hundreds of young adults based in that area. This includes strategy, implementation, follow-up, reporting, and evaluation.
- Plan and organize curated gatherings for diverse groups of Jewish young adults based in NoVA.
- Serve as primary contact for local partner organizations who also work with Jewish 20s and 30s.
Immerse yourself in community engagement
- Maintain an extensive 1:1 engagement portfolio with young adults in NoVA, and utilize our online relationship management system to track and expand this network.
- Represent GatherDC at Jewish community functions around NoVA.
- Evolve GatherDC’s digital platforms to include a broader range of information about Jewish life in NoVA for 20s/30s.
Help out with office tasks
- Work collaboratively with staff to bring innovative ideas to life.
- Champion data management through our Salesforce system.
- Execute office tasks as needed, including logistical preparation and support for meetings and events, database input, etc.
PLEASE DON’T APPLY IF:
- You don’t like making new friends.
- You hate change.
- You aren’t awesome.
BENEFITS & SALARY:
We offer a competitive salary ranging from $40,000 - $45,000 and amazing benefits including: access to a professional development budget, team lunch and learns, ample vacation and sick leave, healthcare, 401K, and more.
This Ad has been viewed 73 times.