GatherDC’s Community Engagement Director will connect hundreds of Jewish 30s across the DC-area to one another, to Jewish opportunities, and to a meaningful adult Jewish identity.
We are looking for a tenacious, enthusiastic people-person with 5-8 years of professional work experience in the nonprofit, event planning, and/or Jewish community space. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience.
WHO WE ARE:
- GatherDC is the central platform for post-college/pre-family Jewish life across the DC-area.
- We strengthen the fabric of Jewish life by stewarding relationships and helping Jews in their 20s and 30s connect to Jewish organizations and to each other.
- We facilitate innovative opportunities for meaningful and relevant Jewish learning.
- We work with the wide network of Jewish communal synagogues, JCCs, and institutions to help them best serve young Jewish adults.
WHAT WE CARE ABOUT:
- GatherDC values the 3 P’s - Positivity, Passion, and Professionalism.
- We like working really, really hard to enrich Jewish life across the DMV, and love having a ton of fun while doing so.
WHY WE’RE PRETTY AWESOME TO WORK WITH:
- We work hard and we play hard.
- GatherDC cares deeply about creating a sustainable work-life balance. This means flexible schedules, competitive compensation and benefits for nonprofits, generous vacation time, Jewish holidays off, and more. Once you’re working for GatherDC, you can say goodbye to the “Sunday Scaries”.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have 5 to 8 years work experience.
- You are proficient or familiar with Salesforce and Form Assembly.
- You are a collaborative team player who is willing to work a flexible schedule, including sometimes working nights or weekends.
- You’re awesome at wearing multiple hats in a fast-paced work environment.
- Your friends would describe you as a natural relationship-builder with an outgoing, professional demeanor.
- You have a zest for learning about the Jewish DC social scene, and a desire to help Jewish 30s find a place to belong within it.
- Most of all, you are an innovator with a positive spirit who loves to think big and bold.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
As GatherDC’s Community Engagement Director, you’ll help Jews in their 30s across the DC-area connect to Jewish opportunities across the city, build lasting friendships, and discover their unique Jewish identities.
HOW YOU’LL DO IT:
Manage GatherDC’s Jewish 30s initiative:
- Take the lead on planning and running a mix of intimate and larger-scale gatherings for Jewish 30s (e.g. Shabbat dinners, happy hours).
- Form relationships with Jewish 30s by going on one-on-one coffee dates and actively participating in the Jewish DC community.
- Host an annual Jewish Community Leadership Fellowship that trains Jewish 30s to become facilitators of Jewish life for their peers.
Immerse yourself in community engagement
- Utilize our online relationship management system to track, evaluate, and evolve engagement efforts with Jewish 30s.
- Collaborate with partner organizations who also work with Jewish 30s.
- Represent GatherDC at community functions around the area.
Help out with office tasks
- Work with team members to bring innovative projects to life.
- Execute office tasks as needed, including logistical preparation for your events, database input, etc.
PLEASE DON’T APPLY IF:
- You don’t like making new friends.
- You hate change.
- You aren’t awesome.
BENEFITS & SALARY:
We offer a competitive salary ranging from $65,000 - $70,000 and amazing benefits including: access to a professional development budget, team lunch and learns, ample vacation and sick leave, healthcare, 401K, and more.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We are accepting applications until June 1, 2019. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. We’re waiting for you!
This Ad has been viewed 159 times.