Contact GatherDC Staff
DC, DC, DC
GatherDC’s Community Coordinator helps hundreds of Jewish 20s and 30s who are new or new(ish) to the DC-area connect to Jewish opportunities, build lasting friendships, and discover meaningful Jewish identities.
We are looking for a tenacious, enthusiastic people-person with 1-3 years of professional work experience. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package based on experience.
WHO WE ARE:
GatherDC is the central platform for post-college/pre-family Jewish life across the DC-area.
- We strengthen the fabric of Jewish life by stewarding relationships and helping Jews in their 20s and 30s connect to Jewish organizations and to each other.
- We facilitate innovative opportunities for meaningful and relevant Jewish learning.
- We work with the wide network of Jewish communal synagogues, JCCs, and institutions to help them best serve young Jewish adults.
WHAT WE CARE ABOUT:
GatherDC values the 3 P’s - Positivity, Passion, and Professionalism.
We like working really, really hard to enrich Jewish life across the DMV, and love having a ton of fun while doing so.
WHY WE’RE PRETTY AWESOME TO WORK WITH:
We work hard and we play hard.
GatherDC cares deeply about creating a sustainable work-life balance. This means flexible schedules, competitive compensation, and benefits for nonprofits, generous vacation time, Jewish holidays off, and more. Once you’re working for GatherDC, you can say goodbye to the “Sunday Scaries”.
WHO YOU ARE:
- A passionate self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A natural relationship-builder with an outgoing, professional demeanor.
- You have a zest for learning about the DC-area social scene and the diverse Jewish communities within.
- You have 1 – 3 years work experience in the nonprofit and/or community event planning industries.
- An innovator with a positive spirit who isn’t afraid to take risks.
- A flexible, collaborative team-player willing to wear multiple hats and keep up with the hustle and bustle of our day-to-day work.
- Someone with a burning desire to help 20 and 30s across DC-area find a place to belong in the local Jewish community.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
As the GatherDC Community Coordinator, you’ll help Jews in their 20s and 30s who are new or new(ish) to the DC-area feel at home, connect to Jewish opportunities across the city, build lasting friendships, and discover their unique Jewish identities.
HOW YOU’LL DO IT
MANAGE GATHERDC's NEW-TO-DC INITIATIVES:
- Take the lead on New(ish) & Jewish initiatives, engaging hundreds of young adults when they arrive in the area. This includes strategy, implementation, follow-up, reporting, and evaluation.
- Act as key liaison to feeder institutions (e.g. universities, Hillels) to ensure a smooth pipeline to post-college DC-area Jewish life.
- Serve as primary contact for local partner organizations who also work with Jewish 20s and 30s.
IMMERSE YOURSELF IN COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT:
- Organize monthly happy hours for 150 – 300 young adults at diverse and exciting venues around the DC-area.
- Maintain an expansive 1:1 engagement portfolio with young adults in the DC-area, and utilize our online relationship management system.
- Represent GatherDC at community functions around the DC-area.
- Manage the Open Doors Fellowship
HELP WITH OFFICE TASKS:
- Work with team members to bring innovative projects to life.
- Champion data management through our Salesforce system.
- Regularly update website content including our calendar of events.
- Execute office tasks as needed, including logistical preparation and support for meetings and events, database input, etc.
PLEASE DON’T APPLY IF:
You don’t like making new friends.
You hate change.
You aren’t awesome.
BENEFITS & SALARY:
We offer a salary ranging from $40,000 - $45,000 based on experience and amazing benefits including: access to a professional development budget, team lunch and learns, ample vacation and sick leave, healthcare, 401K, and more.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and we are looking to full the position as soon as possible. We’re waiting for you!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions
This Ad has been viewed 307 times.