A well-established advocacy and lobbying organization with a focus on issues relating to Israel and national headquarters offices in Washington, DC is looking to hire a Graphic Designer into a full-time, on-site, staff position.
The Graphic Designer will design be involved in the concepting, design and production of a wide variety of materials for the hiring organization's Marketing, Communications & Events department -- including, but not limited to: marketing collateral; policy materials for regional and national events; traditional and interactive products that will be used for the promotion and execution of the organization's annual Policy Conference (which draws more than 15,000 people); and general organizational materials. The Marketing, Communications & Events team is a robust and well-organized group. This position is one of three full-time Graphic Designer roles.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is recruiting for this position at the request of the hiring organization -- a group we have supported on an annual basis, on a wide variety of hiring efforts for more than ten years. We typically post salary and rate ranges in public-facing job descriptions (see below), but we do not typically include employer names. If you are interested in applying for this position, we hope you will allow us to represent you, rather than working independently to identify the hiring organization so that you can inquire with them directly.
* Participate in project launch meetings with internal clients and project managers by processing clients' lists of needs and articulating creative vision for projects.
* Deliver exciting and fresh designs to clients while meeting the organization's brand guidelines and style guide requirements.
* Communicate regularly with traffic coordinator and project managers to meet deadlines before final delivery of projects.
* Work with technology developer as needed for Salesforce Marketing Cloud and website designs to ensure proper file delivery.
* Work with print vendors when needed to ensure proper file delivery.
* Organize project files within file management systems and actively participate in project management database to ensure up-to-date information.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Experienced, mid-level graphic designer with at least three years of consistent, relevant, professional experience working in a corporate, non-profit or creative agency setting.
* An undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university (concentration of studies in communications, graphic design, or visual arts a plus).
* Excellent typography skills.
* Demonstrable experience designing and laying out print-oriented materials and digital marketing products such as graphics-rich e-mails.
* Deep and recent experience working regularly in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
* Comfortable interfacing in non-design applications such as Microsoft Office is a plus.
* Experience working in/around Salesforce Marketing Cloud is a plus.
* Superior editorial judgment.
* The ability to manage time and priorities effectively and multi-task among multiple projects and competing deadlines.
* Well developed communications and presentation skills, that will help you work efficiently with internal clients who aren't designers.
* The ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
* Experience seeing projects through from concept through to delivery.
* Able to receive creative feedback and criticism constructively and remain flexible to changing client needs.
* Ability to think creatively while still ensuring brand consistency.
* Must have knowledge of file deliverables to print vendors, social media, web and email.
* A passion for the hiring organization's mission is not critical, but it is definitely a plus.
HOURS / LOCATION:
We are seeking well qualified individuals who are interested in the following work situation:
(1) a full-time, salaried staff position with benefits;
(2) in Washington, DC;
(3) very close to a Metrorail and Metrobus-accessible location;
(4) starting in September or October.
Per Brainstorm Creative Resources' guidance, the employer has agreed to consider applicants seeking salaries within the broad range of $50K to $60K. The actual salary offered will be commensurate with experience and market norms. Brainstorm Creative Resources encourages its client employers to pay competitively. Highly experienced professionals whose resumes indicate substantial, relevant experience can expect that we will make a strong case to our client, to pay you at or near the top of the range. It is unlikely (but not impossible) that we will be able to support earlier career applicants' requests for salaries near the top of the salary range.
The hiring organization offers benefits to full-time employees. We will gladly share specific benefits details with the most well qualified applicants.
This Ad has been viewed 23 times.