Hill Havurah is looking for a creative and enthusiastic Jewish educator to develop and lead our two distinct education programs— Yavneh, our Jewish education school and Gan Shalom, our cooperative preschool. We are a growing, neighborhood-based, independent, Jewish community located on Capitol Hill. The Education Director is a full-time position.
The ideal candidate is passionate about early childhood and Jewish education and will have the requisite background, knowledge, and demeanor to thrive in two very different educational environments. Yavneh, the Jewish education school, currently serves 120 children ages 4-12 and meets Sundays 9am-1pm in space rented from a school. Gan Shalom is a two-classroom emergent cooperative pre-school for children ages 2-4 that meets Monday-Friday from 9am-1pm in space co-located with the Hill Havurah.
The position will include teacher recruitment, management, curriculum development, instructional support, community building, space-related logistics, and the mentoring of staff. The Educational Director will foster a supportive, creative, and dynamic setting for all programs; will work collaboratively with the Hill Havurah’s Rabbi, Operations staff, Education Committee and the Gan Shalom Executive Committee and parents; and will report to the Hill Havurah Chair and the Gan Shalom President.
● Masters degree in Education, Early Childhood Education, Jewish Education, Child Development or a related field, with a preference for experience in an emergent early childhood classroom
● At least 3 years in an education supervisory role with demonstrated experience in teacher coaching and curriculum planning and implementation
● Knowledge and appreciation of Jewish life, traditions, and culture with ability to integrate these concepts into educational material appropriately for students 2-12 years old
● Demonstrated experience with personnel and financial management
● Demonstrated leadership skills and an ability to provide effective guidance and stability for program continuity and to act as a role model for staff and families
● Superior written and oral communication skills
● We are willing to consider candidates with a strong subset of the qualifications and a preference for a subset of the duties. We will adjust salary accordingly.
The position is a director level role with a salary $65,000-95,000 commensurate with experience. To apply, please post resume and cover letter here . The application will close on February 11, 2019 and will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please direct all inquiries firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Ad has been viewed 31 times.