Growing international coffee startup Gold Mountain Coffee Growers is seeking to hire a full-time, detail-oriented logistics and finance officer to help with business operations and innovation in a startup atmosphere. This position is located in Washington, DC and involves occasional international and domestic travel to Nicaragua and specialty coffee events throughout the world. This person will, among other responsibilities, organize tradeshow participation and other events, lead educational events about coffee, track income and expenditures in Quickbooks, invoice and contract customers, coordinate shipments across the U.S. and world, engage in sales, interact with customers, innovate, keep the startup organized, design social media posts as well as flyers and signs, and perform other logistics in an entrepreneurial atmosphere.
This person will become an expert on specialty coffee and will make a dramatically-positive impact in the world.
• Extensive use of online accounting systems.
• Cash-flow and balance sheet statements.
• Invoicing and tracking payments while following up with customers.
• Bank and credit card reconciliation.
• Tracking inventory.
• Sales of coffee or other products.
• Helping the social enterprise innovate and remain cutting edge.
• Ability to learn new technology very quickly.
• Ability to implement and design new logistical and accounting systems efficiently.
• Very high-level of attention to detail.
• Extended-term commitment and desire to help the startup grow.
• People skills for interacting with customers at trade show events and by phone/email, including past-due customers.
• Connectivity to email for quick responses to customers.
• Ability to design creative emails, graphics, signs and other documents.
• Coffee farming (experience in this area is not required, just enthusiasm).
Plus-factors but not required:
• Ability to speak and read Spanish fluently.
• Experience in the coffee industry and/or restaurant/food supply industry.
• Extensive experience with design.
Travel: This position will entail occasional trips to Nicaragua as well as coffee destination countries throughout the world depending on the social enterprise’s needs and the ability of the candidate.
Background: Gold Mountain Coffee Growers, LLC, is a social enterprise that, in addition to its own farm (Finca Idealista), works directly with coffee producers in Nicaragua to connect them with roasters abroad. It obtains higher prices for producers while carrying out sustainable development projects in communities, including free computing classes for girls, microcredit, running water in schools, books in schools, and educational supplies.
Contact: Please send resumes and a cover-letter explaining why you are interested in this position, and why you would be a good match, to email@example.com. Include “Logistics/Finance Officer” and your name in the subject line of your email.
This Ad has been viewed 44 times.