We are currently seeking a paralegal to support the Latin America and White-Collar and Corporate Investigations Practice Groups in our Washington, DC office.
The Latin America Practice Group
Quinn Emanuel’s Latin America Practice Group represents clients in disputes in around the world involving parties from, and investments in every Latin American country. Lawyers from the group have represented individuals, companies and sovereigns in some of the most complex and important disputes in Latin America in recent times.
Quinn Emanuel’s Latin America Practice Group brings a unique, native Latin America perspective to matters. The group is led by Washington, D.C.-based partners Juan P. Morillo, a native of Colombia, David M. Orta, a Cuban-American and Daniel Salinas-Serrano, a native of Puerto Rico.
The White-Collar and Corporate Investigations Practice Group
Quinn Emanuel’s White-Collar and Corporate Investigations Practice Group, which comprises over 60 attorneys, has defended clients against violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (“FCPA”); allegations of health care, securities, and government contract fraud; the False Claims Act; environmental and trade sanctions violations; and criminal antitrust price fixing.
The group also frequently conducts complex internal corporate investigations and advises companies in their discussions with U.S. regulators, including the Department of Justice, the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Federal Trade Commission, the Department of Treasury and Internal Revenue Service, as well as well as Attorney Generals and District Attorneys in numerous states.
The group has substantial experience advising clients on cross-border criminal and civil issues and currently represents clients in every region of the world.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Paralegals have an opportunity to gain valuable and real-work legal experience by working closely with partners and associates on all aspects of litigation and corporate investigations.
Key responsibilities include the following:
• Organizing documents and coordinating document productions in litigation or to U.S. regulators;
• Translating various documents, letters and other legal documents;
• Obtaining documents and certificates from local or federal courts and state agencies;
• Preparing and filing all court documents;
• Conducting various document searches and research;
• Preparing witness and matter materials;
• Preparing for and attending depositions;
• Coordinating trial set-up and logistics;
• Preparing for and attending client meetings, meetings with U.S. regulators and trials;
• Assisting attorneys during meetings with clients and regulators and during court proceedings, including by taking notes and handling exhibits;
• Acting as liaison among various internal departments as well as with outside vendors, such as translation services, document production vendors and trial graphics providers; and
• Assisting in the preparation of marketing materials.
Paralegals may also have the opportunity to travel and work overseas on short- to medium-term assignments.
Ideal candidates should meet the following qualifications:
• Outstanding organizational, administrative, and communication (oral and written) skills;
• Strong work ethic and self-motivation;
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, efficiently multi-task and produce a high-end work product in a fast-paced environment;
• Team-oriented mindset;
• Ability and willingness to work overtime;
• Interest in the legal field, as demonstrated in undergraduate coursework, extracurricular activities or prior jobs or internships;
• Minimum 3.3 cumulative GPA;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office; and
• Fluency or a minimum level of proficiency in Portuguese or Spanish is not required, but highly preferable.
Benefits include healthcare, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401k and profit sharing plan, monthly transportation allowance, and more!
Paralegals receive overtime pay and receive meal and transportation allowances when working overtime.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, unofficial transcript and an unedited writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Ad has been viewed 15 times.