About the job:
Democratic Majority for Israel is seeking a creative, motivated, and energetic intern in Washington D.C. to work with our communications team. Interns will act as key members of our team and work directly with staff to play a substantive role in our advocacy and communication efforts. Candidates should possess an interest and familiarity with Israel, politics, grassroots organizing, and communication tools. Internship start and end dates are flexible.
Communications Intern Core Responsibilities:
Support the Communications Department in the DC headquarters by:
· Assist with clips distribution list
· Maintain and update distribution lists
· Draft written correspondence
· Provide research support for the communications team, including monitoring news, coverage and social media and tracking candidate statements
· Assist with drafting social media content
· Other administrative tasks as assigned
Communications Intern Qualifications:
• Strong writing skills
• Experience with social media platforms
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work as part of a team, implement collaborative projects, and think creatively
• Ability to interact with people of different backgrounds
• Strong interest in politics and foreign policy
• Ability to work quickly and meet deadlines without loss of quality
• Sense of humor
Interns for Democratic Majority for Israel are paid $15/hour.
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify "fall communications internship" in the subject line.
Application Deadline: rolling
About Democratic Majority for Israel:
We are proud Democrats who believe a vital component of the Democratic Party’s vision and values has been the commitment to a strong U.S-Israel relationship, rooted in shared values and common interests. Democratic Majority for Israel works to maintain and strengthen support for the U.S.-Israel alliance by providing resources to elected officials, candidates, and the public while advocating for our progressive values as proud pro-Israel Democrats.
DMFI is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. DMFI is anxious to recruit a staff that reflects our progressive values and the diversity of our country. All employment decisions are based on organizational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, age or any other status protected by law or regulation. DMFI will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.