Kol Ami, the Northern Virginia Reconstructionist Community, seeks an energetic and personable self-starter to serve 15 hours per week (20 hours/week during the Jewish High Holiday season) in a key outreach and administrative capacity for our congregation.
The Coordinator will serve as a focal point for members and prospective members and interact routinely with our Rabbi, host facility, and volunteer leaders.
YOU'RE RIGHT FOR THIS JOB IF:
* You are an excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing.
* You have demonstrated social media and WordPress experience to manage updates to our website and grow awareness of our congregation through Facebook and other online platforms.
* You can create flyers and weekly e-newsletters that promote activities in the congregation and the wider Jewish community. (Experience with Constant Contact and Canva preferred.)
* You are familiar with basic functions of Zoom such as creating Zoom links, adjusting settings, hosting meetings, etc.
* You are familiar with Jewish traditions and would enjoy serving a small, diverse, progressive, and growing Jewish congregation.
* You are seeking an opportunity to work from home part-time.
* You are a people person who enjoys being part of a cohesive and dedicated team.
* You are well organized, detail-oriented, flexible, and have good time management skills.
* You are self-motivated and diligent.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
1. Maintain Kol Ami’s Primary Relationship with the Unitarian Universalist Church of Arlington:
* Communicate our ongoing need for space for services, classes and community gatherings, reserving rooms, arranging logistics, and tracking associated costs.
* Collaborate with counterparts at the Church, apprising Kol Ami members of relevant information such as planned construction or repairs, Church events that will take up parking, changes to emergency procedures, etc.
* Coordinate any joint events with the Church or other community groups.
2. Coordinate Kol Ami’s Internal Communications and Community Outreach Activities:
* Maintain and update the Kol Ami website.
* Maintain and update Kol Ami’s Facebook page, boosting posts and searching for innovative ways to expand our visibility and “likes.”
* Expand Kol Ami’s outreach through Facebook, and other appropriate online platforms and more traditional marketing venues.
* Write, compile, and circulate the weekly and monthly e-newsletter using Constant Contact, collecting input from members and the wider Jewish community.
* Create marketing materials such as flyers, banners, postcards, and ad copy promoting congregational events, making copies as needed.
3. Administer Essential Tasks for Kol Ami:
* In coordination with volunteer leaders, develop the annual calendar of events, proceeding to update and maintain it, ensuring that all events are properly listed on the website.
* Set up Zoom links for online events and post them on the Master Calendar.
* Maintain and update the member database, directories, online filing system and graphic resources.
* Order supplies for our storage closet housed at the Church and maintain records of those supplies.
* Reconcile costs and donations in coordination with Kol Ami’s Treasurer.
* Coordinate the response to inquiries from prospective new members.
* Create and mail, or work with volunteers, to send thank-you notes to those who donate to the synagogue.
4. Coordination with Leadership:
* The Communication and Administrative Coordinator will be available to hold weekly calls with Kol Ami’s president and Rabbi and participate in monthly meetings with the Steering Committee as well as attend congregational meetings.
* The Coordinator may, from time to time, need to attend meetings with the Church or other Jewish organizations.
SALARY & BENEFITS
This position pays $23/hour. The successful candidate may also be eligible for an additional bonus at the discretion of the Steering Committee. Kol Ami, the Northern Virginia Reconstructionist Community, is an equal opportunity employer.
APPLICATION & START DATE
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Have you written newsletters or designed flyers? We’d welcome seeing that! Feel free to send a sample.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and you’ll receive a response within 2 weeks.
The person selected will begin her/his work as Coordinator on or about July 1, 2021.