The Edlavitch DC Jewish Community Center (EDCJCC) seeks a development professional to join our Advancement Team. The Development Associate will primarily be responsible for supporting the fundraising strategies and initiatives of the organization. These duties include work on donor prospect research, acknowledgment of donor contributions, overseeing all aspects of the fundraising database including data entry and problem solving, reporting, and other activities related to development.
The Development Associate will report to the Director of Marketing and Development and will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer, development and marketing team members, program directors, and as necessary, with stakeholders including members of the organization’s board of directors.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support the Director of Marketing and Development, along with Executive and Director level staff of programs such as Theater J, JxJ (the Washington Jewish Film and Music Festival), and the Morris Cafritz Center for Social Responsibility, on implementing annual giving campaign strategies and plans.
- Process and manage all pledges, gifts, and contributions in fundraising database (QuattroC) and on internal spreadsheets and records.
- Act as database expert helping to identify and solve for all issues related to QuattroC.
- Liaise with the Accounting Department to manage ongoing and quarterly reconciliations of contributed income.
- Generate accurate and timely acknowledgement letters/tax receipts for all donations.
- Assist Manager of Institutional Giving and Director of Marketing and Development in developing and supporting grant applications and proposal writing as needed.
- Support Development events and activities
- Prepare donor reports and mailing lists from donor management and CRM systems.
- Help to coordinate multiple print and digital mailings/appeals throughout the year.
- Conduct prospect research on individual donors and identifying prospects for solicitation.
- Work with Marketing and Communications Team to ensure regular donor recognition updates on the website, including creation of individual donation pages on website.
- Schedule meetings and prepare background materials for Chief Executive Officer when necessary. Help to identify opportunities for and coordinate outreach between CEO and donor community.
- Collaborate with the Marketing & Communications team on all print and digital collateral.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Fulltime opportunity. General hours are Monday – Thursday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, 4:00 PM on Friday. Occasional evening/weekend hours required. This position will begin fully remote but some in-person training will be required. The EDCJCC aims to resume in-person work in the summer/fall of 2021. Partial telework may remain an option for employees who can perform their duties remotely.
Commensurate with experience. The EDCJCC offers a generous benefit and vacation package. The EDCJCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
Qualifications, skills, and experience required:
- 2+ years of Fundraising / Data Systems experience, preferably in a non-profit environment
- Excellent writing skills with first-hand experience with developing donor correspondence and grants.
- PC literacy with strong competency in all Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). The candidate should have a working laptop in order to accomplish duties during remote work hours.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and maintain confidential information
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail, with the ability to prioritize and handle simultaneous assignments while adapting to changing deadlines, priorities and workflow with success and accuracy.
- Self-motivated; takes initiative to begin and complete projects but appreciates a highly collaborative work style.
- Friendly and flexible team player attitude with a willingness to pitch in on projects and tasks.
Please send resume and cover letter to Emily Jillson, Director of Marketing and Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
About the Edlavitch DCJCC
Guided by Jewish values and heritage, the EDCJCC engages individuals and families through its cultural, recreational, educational, and social justice programs by welcoming people of all backgrounds to connect, learn, serve and be entertained together in ways that reflect the unique role of the Center in the nation’s capital. The EDCJCC embraces inclusion in all its programs and activities. We welcome and encourage the participation of all people, regardless of their background, sexual orientation, abilities, or religion, including interfaith couples and families.