Capital Camps & Retreat Center (CCRC), a non-profit Jewish camping and retreat organization, is seeking a full-time communication and marketing associate to join the team.
CCRC provides enriching, summer overnight camp and year-round retreat services to children, families and organizations primarily from the Washington D.C., Maryland and Virginia areas. The agency’s office is located in Rockville, MD, and the camp and retreat center are located in Waynesboro, PA.
CCRC is affiliated with the Jewish Federation of Greater Washington, The Associated: Jewish Federation of Baltimore, JCCA (Jewish Community Center Association), ACA (American Camp Association), FJC (The Foundation for Jewish Camp), and JCamp 180 (a program of the Harold Grinspoon Foundation).
• Provide communications and marketing support to the full organization including camp, development and retreat teams.
• Manage and collaborate with external marketing firm to develop agency marketing materials.
• Serve as each team’s point of contact with the external marketing firm to ensure deliverables match agency’s needs.
• Design graphics and collateral to support social media and other traditional marketing efforts.
• Collaborate with the camp, development and retreat teams to send out regular newsletters to different audiences.
• Edit and update the camp and retreat websites with event updates and modifications.
• Create and send daily email blasts to camp parents during the summer season.
• Manage social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and other platforms to foster community, attract new campers, and engage current families and campers.
• Generate, publish, and share daily content that build relationships with community members, yielding meaningful engagements.
• Monitor and report analytics of all social channels while remaining up to date on the latest trends and other opportunities to elevate our social presence.
• Design and manage systems using tools such as Jot form, excel and google spreadsheets to track communications and recruitment efforts.
• Utilization of communication database software to organize agency’s communication plan
• Assist Retreat Team with social media.
• Responsible for ordering necessary swag items for the organization.
• Assist each team with the creation and execution of emails, including development/fundraising campaigns, camp and retreat.
• Manage alumni online network, provide new content and grow the network with the camp and development teams.
• Create communications to share with local congregations, agencies and day schools to share the opportunities provided by CCRC.
• Maintains organization’s photo database, responsible for daily distribution of photos during the summer and selection of appropriate photos for usage year-round.
• Coordinate and assist with mailings for camp, development and retreat.
• Research and identify additional social media and software applications to stay relevant and innovative to accomplish our goals.
• Other duties as assigned
• 4-year degree track or graduate preferred with coursework in graphic design, marketing, communications or advertising.
• 2-3 years of communications or marketing experience.
• Familiarity and experience using Constant Contact, InDesign, Adobe, and WordPress.
• Experience using excel, google spreadsheets, jot form and data collection tools.
• Dynamic, energetic and exceptionally detail-oriented.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and supervisors.
• Demonstrates active and well-rounded presence on social media, a command of each network.
• Outstanding interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
• Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate our ideas to a broad audience.
• Highly-organized, capable of responding efficiently and effectively to a variety of requests.
• Committed to an ongoing process of growth and development.
• Strong references demonstrating prior experience and competency.
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines, and exhibit sound judgment.
• The Communications and Marketing Assistant is supervised by the Camp Director, Interim CEO, and Retreat Sales Manager.
• Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
• Medical/Dental insurance, as well as 403(b) retirement plan with match available.
• The Communications and Marketing Associate will reside at camp during the summer months
Salary: starting at $45,000, commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and references to Lisa Handelman, Camp Director, at email@example.com.