Join our outstanding team! The Greenzaid Early Childhood Center at Congregation B’nai Tzedek is seeking an experienced, creative and nurturing lead toddler/young two's educator for the 2020-2021 school year. Our school, located in the heart of Potomac, Maryland is in a beautiful wooded environment, setting the stage for our Reggio inspired, play-based emergent secular and Jewish curriculum. The Greenzaid Early Childhood Center is comprised of experienced, loving teachers who work collaboratively to promote the best outcomes for our students. We are the ideal setting for children to grow, learn and play!
• Believe young children are naturally curious, capable and creative.
• Have previous experience (minimum two years) teaching in an early childhood setting.
• Hold a degree (associates, bachelors or masters) in Early Childhood Education or a related field and hold the necessary MSDE certification.
• Have excellent writing and communication skills.
• Background knowledge of Reggio Emilia preferred.
• Knowledge of Jewish traditions and holidays.
• Collaborate with teachers to develop an engaging environment, explorations and an imaginative curriculum.
• Appreciate being a part of an innovative community, sharing and learning from other professionals.
• Ability to be an active participant in the care and safety of young children, including lifting and attending to their personal care.
Hours: 9:00 am – 1:15 pm Tuesday, Wednesday and Fridays plus participation in staff meetings, trainings and school events at other times. Opportunities as well for summer program employment in addition to school year aftercare and enrichment.
We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including paid vacations, professional development and reduced tuition.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $18.00 - $23.00 per hour