Position Title: Digital Assistant or Associate
Reports to: Digital Director
Start Date: Immediately
Location: Washington, DC (Currently Remote)
J Street is looking to immediately hire a digital assistant or associate (depending on experience) who will help us take our email program to the next level. The chosen candidate will be an online voice for a major advocacy organization working on some of the most important — and contentious — foreign policy debates of our time. They’ll work with our integrated communications and digital teams in a fast-paced political environment.
The ideal candidate will be creative, a strong writer, and have a knowledge background in J Street’s issue area.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft, implement and send emails to recruit for J Street events across the country, working closely with regional staff and Public Events and Engagement team on messaging and strategy
- Create web pages and sign-up forms for local events and national campaigns
- Help regional team, lay leaders and the Public Events and Engagement team market their events on social media, including through paid digital ads
- Respond to email inquiries from members and the public
- Help craft content for our blog and social media channels to advance our message and facilitate list building
- Exceptional writing ability
- Familiarity with J Street’s issues, particularly the US-Israel relationship and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict
- Ability to work independently, taking initiative to set and meet professional goals
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively across the organization
- Calmness under pressure (it’s a fun job, but in can be fast-paced)
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Some proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Prior experience with databases such as Salesforce and ActionKit
- Proficient in or willing to learn basic basic HTML/CSS
More about J Street
J Street is the political home for pro-Israel, pro-peace Americans working for the future of Israel as the democratic homeland of the Jewish people. The organization believes that preserving Israel’s Jewish and democratic character depends on achieving a two-state solution, resulting in a Palestinian state living alongside Israel in peace and security.
Launched in 2008 with four staff and a limited budget, J Street is now a $10 million organization with a national staff of more than 60. The organization is headquartered in Washington, DC, employing staff in 8 cities including Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, Seattle, and Tel Aviv.
J Street focuses its work in three main areas: (1) Advocating and demonstrating support for pro-Israel, pro-peace policies in Congress, the media and the Jewish community; (2) Endorsing and raising money for federal candidates who share J Street’s agenda; and (3) Educating the public and raising awareness of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and the two-state solution.
Salary and Benefits
The salary range for this full-time position is $39,000-$45,000 depending on experience. Our comprehensive benefits package includes paid vacation and sick leave, personal leave, generous parental leave, paid time off on many federal and Jewish holidays, health and dental insurance, company-paid life insurance, a 401k program, commuter benefits, and a flexible spending account. This is a bargaining unit position.
We are excited to receive applications from a broad range of applicants as we grow our organization to better reflect the diversity of the communities who care about our mission. Please submit the items listed below by e-mail to email@example.com and indicate “Digital Assistant/Associate” in the subject line:
1. Cover Letter that explains why you are interested and qualified
3. List of Three References
4. Where you learned about this position
This position is available immediately. Applications are being accepted immediately and the position will be filled as quickly as possible.
J Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer.