Position Title: Development Assistant
Reports to: Deputy Director of Development Operations
Location: Washington, DC
Start Date: Immediate
The Development Assistant will be responsible for all donation processing, donor-data entry, routine fundraising reports, personalized donor receipts, including all gift acknowledgments. The Development Assistant will also help to maintain the department’s development database, assist in prospect research, as well as provide administrative support for fundraising events as needed.
The position will work closely with the Deputy Director of Development Operations and Vice President of Development to ensure the highest quality donation-tracking and acknowledgment systems are in place to enable the rapid expansion of J Street’s donor base.
- Manage and coordinate the data entry and tracking of all asks, pledges, and outstanding payments;
- Process all contributions to J Street in an accurate and timely manner;
- Manage and coordinate the gift-acknowledgment process;
- Provide administrative and database support to regional team members and regularly collaborate with the Finance team;
- Provide necessary reports and data on ad-hoc basis to both central operations as well as regional team members.
Desired Skills and Characteristics
Competitive candidates will be highly organized, motivated and communicative. Any experience working with various databases and donor-communications systems is welcomed. Some professional development-office experience, including database management, in a medium ($2 million) to large size ($20 million) non-profit is ideal.
The ideal candidate will also possess the following attributes:
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail;
- Strong Microsoft Excel background and quantitative background;
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet numerous deadlines;
- Eager to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, team-oriented, and goal-driven environment;
- Flexibility adapting to a developing organizational structure;
- Excellent editing, and proofreading skills;
- Experience with multiple database platforms as well as some experience with basic information design and reporting;
- Some event-planning experience preferred;
- A strong commitment to J Street’s pro-Israel/pro-peace mission.
More about J Street
J Street is the political home for pro-Israel, pro-peace Americans working for the future of Israel as the democratic homeland of the Jewish people. The organization believes that preserving Israel’s Jewish and democratic character depends on achieving a two-state solution, resulting in a Palestinian state living alongside Israel in peace and security.
Launched in 2008 with four staff and a limited budget, J Street is now a $10 million organization with a national staff of more than 60. The organization is headquartered in Washington, DC, employing staff in 8 cities including Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, Seattle, and Tel Aviv.
J Street focuses its work in three main areas: (1) Advocating and demonstrating support for pro-Israel, pro-peace policies in Congress, the media and the Jewish community; (2) Endorsing and raising money for federal candidates who share J Street’s agenda; and (3) Educating the public and raising awareness of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and the two-state solution.
Salary and Benefits
The salary range for this full-time position is $39,000-$43,000 depending on experience. Our comprehensive benefits package includes paid vacation and sick leave, personal leave, generous parental leave, paid time off on many federal and Jewish holidays, health and dental insurance, company-paid life insurance, a 401k program, commuter benefits, and a flexible spending account. This is a bargaining unit position.
We are excited to receive applications from a broad range of applicants as we grow our organization to better reflect the diversity of the communities who care about our mission. Please submit the items listed below by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate “Development Assistant” in the subject line:
1. Cover Letter that explains why you are interested and qualified
3. List of Three References
4. Where you learned about this position
This position is available immediately. Applications are being accepted immediately and the position will be filled as quickly as possible.
J Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer.