Manager of Institutional Giving
The Edlavitch DC Jewish Community Center (EDCJCC) seeks a mid-level development professional to join our Development and Marketing Team. This position will report to the Senior Director of Development and Marketing and will work collaboratively with Executive and Director level staff throughout the institution.
Responsibilities would include, but not be limited to:
• Proposals and Letters of Inquiry: Be responsible for full life cycle grant execution across all institutional programs, including arts and culture (film, music, and theater); Jewish life and learning; volunteerism/social responsibility; inclusion and disabilities; seniors; young professionals and the LGBTQ communities; preschool; and youth and family engagement. This will include writing, editing, and submitting letters of inquiry, proposals, budgets, and reports and collaborating with key staff to ensure that proposals align with program priorities and the EDCJCC’s Strategic Plan.
• Grants and Reports Calendar: Track all grants in existing spreadsheets; maintain all data on EDCJCC network; and ensure that all reports, renewals, and other tasks are submitted in a timely and professional manner.
• Prospect Research and Cultivation: research and cultivate new funders – primarily in the areas of foundation
and government – for all program areas, including general operating support; oversee tracking of prospect
• Foundation Relations and Stewardship: Assist the Senior Director of Development and Marketing and
Chief Executive Officer in developing engagement strategies for current and potential institutional donors. Support strategic donor outreach and maintain regular correspondence with key Foundation representatives. In close coordination with Director of Development and Marketing, Chief Executive Officer, and program directors, coordinate meetings with foundation staff members to cultivate, solicit, and steward relationships.
• Other duties as assigned.
Position Type, Salary, and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full or part-time position (a minimum of 20-hours a week required) with opportunity for growth. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Qualifications, skills, and experience required:
• 3 – 5 years’ grant writing experience.
• Exceptional writing and communication skills required. Excellent written English usage, grammar, and
punctuation. Clear and concise writing is necessary.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required.
• Excellent follow-through and attention to detail, with the ability to track and maintain multiple critical
• Self-motivated; takes initiative to begin and complete projects on their own, but also appreciates a highly
collaborative work style.
• Friendly and flexible team player attitude with a willingness to pitch in on projects and tasks.
About the EDCJCC
Guided by Jewish values and heritage, the EDCJCC engages individuals and families through its cultural, recreational, educational, and social justice programs by welcoming people of all backgrounds to connect, learn, serve and be entertained together in ways that reflect the unique role of the Center in the nation’s capital. The EDCJCC is an equal opportunity employer.
Email Emily Jillson at firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume.