Impact the landscape of DC’s Jewish life.
Connect and build relationships with young Jews across the DC area.
Build inclusive and welcoming community that is meaningful to you
Create innovative Jewish experiences
Explore Jewish DC + further your own Jewish connections
Receive financial support for your initiatives, personal and professional development, mentorship, skill-building, and more. Apply Now.
Join a volunteer cohort of 10 – 12 Fellows to serve in a 5 month Fellowship from February – June 2015. This inaugural fellowship is an innovative experiment to help deepen social connections and provide concierge services for Jewish life in DC to those in their 20s & 30s. You will pilot a relationship-based and concierge-model approach to building Jewish community.
Fellows will build 1:1 relationships, create community, and help connect those individuals to the Jewish opportunities and meaning they are looking for, creating your own innovative project where none exist. These projects can include social justice, learning, outdoors, politics, or any other topic all depending on the needs and interests of those you’re meeting.
We are looking for social connectors from diverse backgrounds and experiences who care about Jewish life in DC and want to help others connect to Jewish experiences that matter to them.
Fellows will receive:
- Immersive professional training in a retreat setting outside of the city – skill training, team building, resource mapping, and more
- Access to human and financial resources to support your relationship and community building
- Jewish learning opportunities and resources (all backgrounds encouraged to apply!)
- A capstone experience or trip at the conclusion of the Fellowship
- Follow-through after the Fellowship has concluded
Expectations of Fellowship:
- One weekend of immersive training
- Approximately 5 – 6 hours per week including:
– Fellows meetings 2x per month
– Relationship building with diverse range of young Jewish adults in DC and Relationship Management
– Serve as a Greeters for new arrivals to DC
– Create personally relevant Jewish initiatives around a topic or issue that matters to your community
– Help design and launch DC’s only online DIY (Do It Yourself) Jewish Experience Portal