Voting Rights & Democracy Program Campaign Manager
Position Location: Washington DC, MN or NYC, strong candidates from other locations may be considered. Extensive travel.
The Center for Popular Democracy is seeking a Campaign Manager to help support, develop, run & win local & statewide voting rights & democracy campaigns on issues including restoration of rights, automatic voter registration, public financing, redistricting & other innovative democracy reforms.
The Campaign Manager will work closely with CPD’s Voting Rights & Democracy team, CPD’s state affiliates across the across the country, as well as other allied state & national organizations to implement strategic issue campaigns.
The Center for Popular Democracy promotes equity, opportunity, & a dynamic democracy in partnership with innovative base-building organizations, organizing networks & alliances, & progressive unions across the country. We currently work with 50 partner organizations in 38 states & Puerto Rico to build the strength & capacity of democratic organizations to envision & advance a pro-worker, pro-immigrant, racial & economic justice agenda.
CPD is a rapidly-expanding, dynamic organization that offers an exciting opportunity to drive ambitious campaigns & partner with community-based organizations across the country to build political power & win tangible victories that improve the lives of low-wage workers, immigrants, & communities of color.
We are looking for an energetic, creative & driven issue organizer to develop, support & implement state & local policy campaigns advancing proactive voting rights, money in politics & democracy reforms around the country. Candidates should have experience developing & running ambitious state & local issue advocacy campaigns & at least 7-10 years of experience working with state-based coalitions, campaigns, or base-building community organizations to run state-level issue campaigns.
Candidates must be passionate about expanding access to democracy & increasing political participation & a background working on voting rights, democracy & civil rights issues is preferred. This is an exciting opportunity to lead CPD’s voting rights & democracy campaign work in strategically important states.
The Campaign Manager will:
• Serve as the primary contact for CPD’s active state & municipal voting rights & democracy campaigns & implementation efforts;
• Coordinate CPD’s work with state affiliates on a range of state & local money in politics;
• Provide strategic & technical campaign assistance including field, communications, policy & legislative strategy to meet the campaign goals;
• Educate & train state affiliates and their members about money in politics & policy solutions;
• Work to enhance the leadership & capacity of our state affiliates to engage & lead state policy campaigns to implement & protect small-dollar public financing & voting rights reforms;
• Work w/ targeted state affiliates to expand the participation & leadership of communities of color & low-income communities in state & local advocacy efforts;
• Serve as field lead with other national democracy organizations on state campaign related work;
• Help the Director with assessment & planning for prospective/potential future campaigns;
• Work w/ the Director to support planning & campaign development participate in developing national strategy to advance a multi-issue proactive democracy reform agenda that includes advancing money in politics & voting rights reforms in key states & localities;
We seek candidates with excellent relationship-building skills, outcome-driven, w/ strong & diverse project management skills, with demonstrated experience in:
• A demonstrated commitment to social & racial justice issues & understanding of challenges facing immigrant communities, communities of color, & low-and moderate income families;
• Minimum of 7 years of strategic state-level issue advocacy experience including developing statewide legislative issue campaigns or ballot initiatives;
• Significant experience building & sustaining diverse coalitions to advocate for policy change;
• Experience writing & implementing state-level issue campaign plans that include lobbying, grassroots mobilization, field, communications & policy implementation strategies;
• A background working on voting rights and/or money in politics strongly preferred;
• Strong interpersonal skills & the ability to work w/ a broad & diverse set of state partners, allies & others;
Salary range for this position is competitive & commensurate w/ experience w/ generous benefits package, including health, dental & vision insurance, 15 vacation days/year, 10 sick days/year, 12 paid holidays/year, & contributions to individuals’ 401K plans.
Send cover letter, resume & at least 3 professional references to Jobs@DemocracyPartners.com
Looking for immediate hire, so applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
This Ad has been viewed 33 times.