Contact Jackie Zais
WHO WE ARE:
- GatherDC is the central platform for post-college/pre-family Jewish life across the DC area.
- We strengthen the fabric of Jewish life by stewarding relationships and helping Jews in their 20s and 30s connect to Jewish organizations and to each other.
- We facilitate innovative opportunities for meaningful and relevant Jewish learning.
- We working with the wide network of Jewish communal partners to help them best serve young Jewish adults.
WHAT WE CARE ABOUT:
- GatherDC values the 3 P’s - Positivity, Passion, and Professionalism.
- We like working really, really hard to enrich Jewish life across DC, and also love having a ton of fun while doing so.
WHY WE’RE PRETTY AWESOME TO WORK WITH:
- GatherDC cares deeply about its employees and creating a sustainable work-life balance; which means flexible schedules, competitive compensation and benefits for nonprofits, generous vacation time, Jewish holidays off, and more.
- We work hard and we play hard. From staff outings, monthly team lunch n’ learns, holiday and life cycle celebrations, and more, we know how to make ‘work’ a place you’re excited to come to on Monday morning.
WHO YOU ARE:
- A passionate, tenacious self-starter with strong written, verbal, and online communication skills.
- A natural relationship-builder with an outgoing, professional demeanor.
- You possess a true zest for learning about the DC social scene and the diverse Jewish communities within.
- Someone with 1 – 3 years work experience in the nonprofit and/or community event planning industries.
- A super social media savvy person with a sharp wit, and the ability to quickly learn and become proficient in online technologies.
- An innovator with a creative mind, enthusiasm, and a positive spirit who thinks about doing things differently.
- A flexible, collaborative team-player willing to wear multiple hats and keep up with the hustle and bustle of our day-to-day work.
- Someone with a burning desire to help 20- and 30- somethings across DC find a place to belong in the DC Jewish community.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- As the Community Coordinator, you’ll help Jews in their 20s and 30s who are new or new(ish) to DC feel at home, connect to Jewish opportunities across the city, build lasting friendships, and discover their unique Jewish identities.
HOW YOU’LL DO IT:
- Manage GatherDC’s new-to-DC initiatives:
o Take the lead on New(ish) & Jewish initiatives and follow-through, engaging hundreds of young adults when they arrive in the area. This includes strategy, implementation, creating new online content, follow-up, reporting, and evaluation.
o Serve as first point of contact for, and “the face” of, new-to-DC-ers.
o Act as key liaison to feeder institutions (including universities, Hillels, other campus organizations, etc.) to ensure a smooth pipeline to post-college DC.
- Immerse yourself in community engagement:
o Organize monthly happy hours for 150 – 300 young adults at diverse and exciting venues around the city.
o Maintain an expansive 1:1 engagement portfolio with young adults in DC, and utilize our online relationship management system.
o Represent GatherDC at community functions and events around DC.
- Be the go-to systems management person:
o Act as point-person for GatherDC systems: Website, Stripe, Google Analytics, WordPress, etc.
o Establish and champion interoffice communications systems and staff
alignment via shared folders and Salesforce
o Regularly update website content including our calendar of events.
- Steward lasting partnerships with local Jewish organizations:
o Serve as primary contact to local partner organizations for event, advertising, and other inquiries.
o Promote advertising and manage invoicing with partners.
- Help out with office tasks
o Work with GatherDC team members to bring innovative events and projects to life.
o Execute office and team tasks as needed, including but not limited to: logistical preparation and support for meetings and events, database input, record keeping, ordering marketing materials and supplies.
PLEASE DON’T APPLY IF:
- You don’t like making new friends.
- You hate change.
- You aren’t awesome.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are accepting applications until November 1, 2017. Please contact email@example.com with questions. We’re waiting for you!
This Ad has been viewed 302 times.