VoteRiders™ is the leading organization focused exclusively on Voter ID. The 501(c)(3) non-partisan, non-profit organization informs and helps citizens to secure their voter ID, and supports organizations, local volunteers, and communities to sustain voter ID education and assistance efforts.
The increasing importance of voter identification at the polls in the United States creates a huge opportunity for growth of an organization that deals directly with the wide range of voter identification requirements.
VoteRiders focuses on those eligible citizens at risk of being disenfranchised by burdensome voter identification laws. These laws, unique to each state, can change -- and many feel they effectively achieve voter suppression, especially of disenfranchised, low-income voters who may lack the awareness and ability to stay current with changing laws, and may lack the means to comply.
The growing organization seeks to expand its network of Partner Organizations and Voter ID Coalitions, and is excited to announce its search for an Executive Director to lead this growth.
The Executive Director will serve as the Chief Operating Officer with an emphasis on development. S/he will be responsible for creating and building VoteRiders’ internal processes and infrastructure that will enable the organization to grow and ensure its long-term relevance, credibility and viability. The ED will work closely, especially initially, with the President/CEO to strategize, manage and carry out the VoteRiders plan.
A key focus will be to expand and foster productive relationships with existing and new collaborating organizations and their leadership, staff and volunteers, to empower them to assist their constituents with voter ID. These organizations will be encouraged to use VoterRiders’ resources and to create Voter ID Coalitions with other organizations as well as local election and government officials, community institutions, and other businesses within their community.
The Executive Director will develop and present to the President/CEO a strategy for outreach, collaboration, timing, goals and budget – initially through 2018 and then 2019 and 2020. It is contemplated that within the first three months, this individual will take on an increasing amount of work currently handled by the President/CEO.
The Executive Director role is a full-time position, reporting to the President/CEO, and manages the Director of Operations, Communications & Development; the Volunteer Coordinator; and the Virginia Voter ID Coalition Coordinator. This virtual position can be based anywhere in the US. Occasional travel required.
Responsibilities of the Executive Director will include:
• Engaging with and being responsive to staff, voters, organizations, donors and media;
• Completing and updating VoteRiders’ voter ID resources and tools, and handling administrative matters;
• Increasing responsibility for fundraising, including the development and strategic planning of fundraising goals and campaigns;
• Actively engaging in fundraising and closings;
• Working closely with the Director of Operations, Communications & Development to provide strategic input regarding the execution of communication strategies across all channels including email, traditional and social media, website, fundraising events and other outreach opportunities;
• Working closely with the President/CEO to develop and oversee the budget;
• Providing support to Voter ID Coalitions and Partner Organizations to optimize efforts;
• Fostering relationships with local organizations so they will actively inform, assist and/or refer to VoteRiders their constituents, members or customers regarding their voter ID issues;
Qualifications and Experience:
The Executive Director must believe in the value of VoteRiders, be driven by its mission and have key expertise in management and development.An attractive salary plus benefits package is commensurate with experience. Virtual; location flexible.
To apply, please send your resume; a compelling cover letter that addresses why you want to work on this issue, and how your qualifications fit those listed here; and at least three professional references to:
Please include salary range or requirements separately from other materials (references and salary info held with recruiter until needed).
This Ad has been viewed 34 times.