DC knows how to party like its 357 BCE. So get ready, because the best in DC-area Purim parties, hamantaschen recipes, and Shusan inspired gatherings are about to take the city by storm. See a full list below. And if there’s an event missing, submit it here.
However you celebrate, we wish you a chag Purim sameach – a happy and joyous Purim!
Wednesday, February 26th
- 7:30pm: Esther, the #MeToo Movement, and the Rise of Antisemitism
- 2:00pm: Hungry for Hamentaschen (& Mishloach Manot) w/ Moishe House NoVA
Wednesday, March 4th
- 7:00pm: A Purim Pairing: Israeli Wine Tasting & Girl Scout Cookie Insipred Hamataschen Making with EntryPointDC
Saturday, March 7th
- 5:00pm: Queens, Crowns, and Masks: A Night of Purim and @Modern_Ritual
- 7:00pm: GLOE in the Dark: A Purim Masquerade
Sunday, March 8th
Monday, March 9th
- 7:00pm: The Roaring 2020s: A Purim Celebration
- 7:30pm: The Great Washington DC Purim Party!
- 7:30pm: Kesher Young Professional Megillah Reading
- 8:00pm: New Synagogue Project Purim Party: Such A Time As This
- 8:30pm: Shushan at Stoney’s
Where to Get Hamantaschen
- Baked by Yael
- Bread Furst
- Heidelberg Pastry Shop
- Kosher Pastry Oven
- Sunflower Bakery
- Wagshal’s Market
- Celebrate Purim, No Hangover Guaranteed by Stacy Miller
- Purim: Choose Your Own Adventure by Merav Levkowitz for Jewish Food Experience
- The One Trick You Need for the Perfect Hamantaschen by Shannon Sarna for The Nosher
- How to Make the Best Hamataschen by Shannon Sarna for The Nosher
The views and opinions expressed in this blog and on this website are solely those of the original authors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of the organization GatherDC, the GatherDC staff, the GatherDC board, and/or any/all contributors to this site.