Here at Gather the Jews, we have a special affinity for Purim. Having been founded days before the holiday (and this Purim will mark our third birthday!), our founders chose to name their budding organization based on the Purim story when Esther tells Mordechai: “Go, GATHER together all THE JEWS.”
Purim begins Saturday, February 23rd at sun down. Do you know where you’ll be celebrating? More events will be added as we learn about them so make sure to check back often!
Submit events here and/or leave a comment on this post.
updated February 21, 2013
Tuesday, February 12th
- 7:00 pm – What it Takes to Connect to Purim
Wednesday, February 13th
Sunday, February 17th
Tuesday, February 19th
- 7:30 pm – Hamantaschen Making Party
Thursday, February 21st
- Fast of Esther begins at dawn (5:32am in DC) and ends at night (6:18pm in DC)- Check fast times for your location.
Friday, February 22nd
- 10:00 pm – Purim Party – PARTY LIKE IT’S 1999!
Saturday, February 23rd– Don’t forget your costumes!
- 6:30 pm – YP’s Purim Wine & Cheesentaschen
- 8:00pm – Les Meshugenahs: Megillah Reading, Purim Shpiel
- 6:30 pm – Purim! With Tikkun Leil Shabbat and Fabrangen Havurah
- 7:00 pm – Thrilla in Megillah
- 7:15 pm – DC Minyan Megillah reading at The Fairfax at Embassy Row, 2100 Massachusetts Avenue N.W.
- 8:15 pm – Purim Cruise with Mesorah DC (RSVP in advance)
- 8:00 pm – 2239 Annual Purim Ball
- 8:00 pm – Purim in Persia
- 8:15 pm – Kesher Israel Purim Wine Tasting
- 8:30 pm – Masquerade & Mischief Queer Purim Party
- 9:00 pm – DC Minyan Purim Karaoke Party at Bread and Brew, 1247 20th Street, N.W. ($10 cover includes “unlimited drinks and unlimited fun”)
- 9:30 pm – GW JLSA PURIM PALOOOOZA!!!
- 10:00 pm – Late Megillah reading at Kesher Israel
Sunday, February 24th– Don’t forget your costumes!
- 9:15 am – Megullah!
- 9:30 am – Purim Morning with Rosh Pina
- 9:30am – DC Minyan hosts morning services, megillah reading, and a community Purim meal (RSVP required for meal)
8:00am: Shaharit & Megillah reading at Kesher Israel
10:00am: Women’s Megillah reading at Kesher Israel
- 10:00am- Megillah Reading at Adas Israel
- 11:00am – Purim Carnival at Adas Israel
- 12:30 pm – Mosaic Purim Party
- 3:15pm: Late Megillah reading at Kesher Israel
- 4:30 pm – Purim Seudah (Festive Meal) and NYC Comedian
- 4:00 pm – Purim Seudah at Kesher Israel
Sunday, March 10th