There’s a lot of great parties this season (below). I’ll be updating this page regularly so make sure to check back.
Here’s a few things to help get you in the festive mood:
- ‘Twas the night before Hanukkah (GTJ poem from last year).
- Go OD on Hanukkah parties! (My eight nights of Hanukkah last year).
- Interview with the Menorah Lighting’s Dreidel Man!
- GTJ’s list of Top 5 X-Mas Videos for Jews
- The image at the bottom that’s floating around Facebook, originally by David Mamet
- Dec 13: An early Hanukkah celebration with the RJC — ($5 for members; $20 for non-members)
- Dec 17: DC Dreidel Championship with Mesorah DC – Free, but must RSVP
- Dec 17: Drink a Little, Drink Eilat: A Youthful Cocktail Hour
- Dec 18: Holy Chef: Battle of the Spuds
- Dec 18: Hanukah Human Rights Concert
- Dec 20: Menorah lighting on the Ellipse – Free, but must register for ticket.
- Dec 20: Open House Hannukah Celebration @ National Museum of American Jewish History @ 6:30 pm — Free
- Dec 20: Hanukkah Story Slam with Moishe House Montgomery Co.
- Dec 20: Hanukkah Happy Hour on the Hill — ($5)
- Dec 21: Kesher Hanukkah Party — RSVP by 18th (Free)
- Dec 21: My So-Called Jewish Life with SpeakEasyDC
- Dec 21: New Israel Fund & J Street Local Happy Hour
- Dec 21: Capitol Hill Chanukah Celebration
- Dec 22: Latkes & Learning @ Sixth & I — ($8)
- Dec 23: TLS Shabbat Chanukah
- Dec 24: 18th Annual Gefilte Fish — ($5)
- Dec 24: 25th Annual Matzo Ball — ($30)
- Dec 24: Second Annual Falafel Frenzy — ($20 in advance; $25 at the door)
- Dec 25: Chinese Food + Movies + Beer at Sixth & I — ($35 by Dec. 20, $80 after)
- Dec 25: Steppin’ Out’s Debut DC Party (30s and 40s)
- Dec 25: Mosaic Annual Chanukah Party in Bethesda, MD
- Dec 25: Chinese takeout and movie with Magen David
- Dec 25: Chanukah Happenings at the JCCNV
- Dec 28: Matisyahu @ the 9:30 Club
Holiday volunteer opportunities:
- Dec 18: NOVA Tribe / Mitzvah Mavens: Chanukah Party at JFGH Group Homes
- Dec 21: Mitzvah Hoppin’ – Celebrating with Seniors
- Dec 25: DCJCC Day of Service (Reserve your spot before it “sells out”)
Let me know (in the comments) what I’ve missed, and I will add.