- New Year, New Dating Approach: News flash: Singles columnist Samantha has a boyfriend! She’s apparently been dating him for a few months; am I the only guy that feels like I’ve been led on? Now she’s out to help her roommate find a match, and she wonders if JDate is the only option.
Jewish Policy Center:
- Iranian Plot in U.S. Foiled: If you haven’t read about the Iranian assassination plot in the U.S., read this article by Samara Greenberg. Remember, the Iranian government is a peace-loving regime that should be offered a seat at the negotiating table. I wonder if this will make Ron Paul end his sympathetic remarks for Iran’s nuclear ambitions.
ShalomDC – Weekly Jewish Wisdom (by Dr. Erica Brown)
- Complex Happiness – The Release of Gilad Shalit: Dr. Brown discusses the release of Gilad Shalit in the context of Simchat Torah. Interesting fact from the article: “In the past 54 years, Israel has exchanged 13,509 prisoners for 16 soldiers.”
Also, Dr. Brown asks, “And if Gilad were allowed to languish in captivity to prevent this kind of leveraging, would any parent of sound mind be prepared to send a child into an army that is not committed to returning their children, whenever possible, home safely?” Well… U.S. policy does not allow us to negotiate with terrorists, so if Shalit was American, he likely would have “languished” in prison. American soldiers know this, yet we still have an Armed Force of about 1.5 million soldiers. Does that mean there’s roughly 3 million American parents who are not “of sound mind?”
Washington Jewish Week:
- JFNA bumps BDS backer from Heroes contest: The Jewish Federations of North America and Jewish Voice for Peace into a little spat over the latter’s support for the boycott, divestment, and sanctions (BDS) campaign.
Want to recommend a DC Jewish blog that we should be reading? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Local Jewish blogs we’re reading:
- Capital J – DC politics blog of JTA
- Dover Emet: Speaking the Truth – Rabbi Gil Steinlauf of Adas Israel
- In The Moment – Blog of Moment Magazine
- Jewish DC – By Rachel Mauro
- Jewish Policy Center
- Mesorah DC’s “A Pondering Jew’s Blog”
- Mesorah DC’s “Mesorah Minute”
- ShalomNOVA.org – Jewish Federation of NOVA
- ShlaomDC.org – The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington
- The Blog at 16th and Q – DC JCC blog
- Washington Jewish Week + WJW Blogs