– They come in all sorts of shapes, sizes, and colors.
– They keep me warm.
GTJ is was born almost 1 year ago. It has been the creation of the passionate and dedicated Jewish community of DC. We are constantly growing and evolving because of the members and their investment in the community. We will continue to inspire and expand the community of young professional Jews throughout the US.
Top 10 GTJ moments include:
10. Meeting members of the community at events, on the metro, at Shabbat dinners.
8. Sampling local kosher food with GTJ members.
7. Special invites to events and gatherings, and being able to attend them with my closest friends.
6. Saying “You’ve been Gathered.” I once Gathered someone when that person recognized me from across the street.
5. Reading Scott’s weekly Gather the News posts.
4. Our launch night on Purim when Stephen, Joshua and I ran around DC telling everyone about our site (46 weeks ago).
3. Attending the United States and Israel: Building Business Through Innovation event at the Chamber of Commerce with fellow GTJ leaders.
2. Red Carpet Shabbat at the GTJ home on Swann Street. (ball gowns and tuxedoes were worn)
1. Reading the newsletters every week and knowing that GTJ provides the most comprehensive hyperlocal Jewish news and event information in DC.
Eating meat. Discuss.
I used to love Brazilian BBQ’s. I went every week when I lived in China (China really does have everything), but then I decided to stop eating meat two years ago. A year after I became a vegetarian, I ran 2 marathons in 2 weeks. Being a vegetarian also made the transition to keeping kosher much easier.
Why was DC the perfect city for GTJ’s start?
Because in DC we have talented, dedicated, worldly, educated, and passionate leaders. As a result of the amazing efforts of our staff here, we are very excited and eager to expand to other cities. We have had offers in almost a dozen cities including Boston, NYC, Chicago, Miami… We are deciding where we should expand to first. Where do you think?
You must have seen us after we watched Step it up 3D. We have different styles. Stephen is definitely BFAB. Dancing is in the movement, the music, and…the eyes.
I have my personal favorites, but check out www.gatherdc.org and decide which ones you like most.
How can we help GTJ?
Email me at email@example.com. Let’s talk!