Chanukah wraps up (get it!), and I didn’t flip my latkes in the air once, much less sometimes. Let’s Gather the News…
- Everyone’s favorite modern orthodox college a capella group inspires a cute parody of its parody of the parody of the real thing. And I don’t even know what to call this, except absolutely adorable.
- Meanwhile, Matisyahu’s stellar new single gets only a fraction of the love.
- An Egyptian official speculates that Israel is behind recent shark attacks in Sharm e-Sheikh. This is ridiculous; everyone knows that Israeli sharks would at least have frickin’ laser beams attached to their heads.
- A, um, friend, told me that Israel got a shout out on Glee.
- Note to self: always carpool with Chabad yeshiva guys.
- Leo may possibly become the best looking Jewish guy not on the GTJ staff. Sadly, however, Bar Rafaeli may soon be off the market for good.
- The only time you will ever see the following words together: kippah giveaway fail.
- In what was surely a well-thought out and researched decision, three Latin American countries recognized a “state” with two central governments and undefined borders.
- Peace talks breakdown. The EU and UN blame Israel. The sun also rose today.
Gather the News is a weekly feature by Scott Weinberg that showcases some of the best stories pertaining to Judaism and Israel.